Personal Injury (PI) Attorneys are lawyers that provide legal representation for individuals who claim to have been injured as a result of the negligence of another person, commercial or government entity. As such, personal injury attorneys specialize in "tort law," which is the area of law dealing with civil legal actions. This could include economic damages to a person's body, their property, civil rights or reputation.
In any incident in which you have been injured due to the negligence of any other person or entity, I recommend that you consult with a PI attorney. I further recommend that you consult the attorney before you notify your own insurance company of your loss.
Failure to gain competent legal counsel can result in complications in your claim, or restrict your full recovery in a negligence incident. You could find that you have unknowingly given away important rights you did not know you had.
Do not trust your financial future to a General Practice attorney. Choose a personal injury specialist to protect yourself.
Here's how to choose the right PI Attorney:
1. Using your computer search engine, look for "Personal Injury Attorney" and your zip code or state.
2. Note which personal injury law firms in your area are advertising on TV and radio in your area. A big advertiser is usually having some success.
3. Ask friends and business associates for a referral to a PI attorney.
Once you have located two or three PI attorneys in your area, interview them with these questions:
1. How many years have you been a Personal Injury Attorney?
2. Do you have a specialty?
3. Can you provide a list of at least ten satisfied customers with phone numbers?
4. Do you have documentation of your success in insurance settlements?
5. Have you ever had a complaint filed against you with the Department of Insurance or the State Bar Association?
6. Please explain your fees and how you are paid.
7. Please provide a copy of your retainer contract.
Based upon the information you glean from your interviews, you can make a choice of the best PI Attorney to consult.
You may have been in an accident and injured yourself. Or, your landlord failed to fix the leaking the pipe in your garden and you slipped Kanas City Personal Injury Attorneys and hurt your hip. If this is your situation then you may need to hire a personal injury attorney.
A personal injury attorney is hired when a person is injured due to the negligence of somebody else. They ensure that you are compensated for the damage caused to you.
Car accidents, work place accidents, slips and falls, all come under the broad heading of personal injury.
Making a personal injury claim yourself is not at all advisable. Not hiring the services of a lawyer may seem like a good way to save money but, do not do it. Firstly, you are injured and are in no condition to go running around for your claim. Secondly, it involves a lot of paper work, which if not filled in correctly could cause you more trouble. Therefore, it is better you leave all this to your personal injury lawyer to do.
You may find many personal injury lawyers listed in the Yellow Pages but, not all of them may be efficient enough to handle your case. So how do you find the right lawyer for your case?
1. You could begin your search by looking for a lawyer that specializes in personal law injury.
2. Ask family, friends and co-workers for recommendations. This way you know if he is efficient or not.
Whether his work is satisfactory or not.
3. Opt for an attorney who has been practicing law for a few years now. Find out the number of successful cases he has to his credit. It is one way making sure the person you are hiring is capable.
4. The lawyer who you hire to represent you should trust you enough to tell you exactly how your case is progressing; whether it is in your favor or not. He should be able to answer all your doubts and queries.
5. Laws are amended now and then. Therefore, it is advisable to hire a local attorney, as they are familiar with the local law.
Personal injury is a serious issue and should not be taken lightly. You should hire only the best to represent you. With a little effort you could find the best personal injury attorney. Louisville is served by one of the most recognized firms- Cooper & Friedman Attorneys at Law.